Below are links to a range of resources that could be drawn upon when carrying out teaching related to the Sustainable Development Goals.
Introduction to the SDGs and Education for Sustainable Development
- UN SDG Website. This site introduces the SDGs and has links for a range of images related to the goals.
- UNSDG:Learn. Short courses and videos related to all the goals.
- SDG Academy. Free educational resources from the world’s leading experts on sustainable development – online courses, introductions to each goal and more.
- A Rounder Set of Purpose. Accessible framework highlighting competencies for staff to teach sustainability and for students to learn, with links to learning activities for each competency.
- SDG Interactive Dashboard. Website showing progress against the SDGs by country and by goal.
- Key concepts, references and toolkits. See the page on this site that introduces the SDGs and ESD.
- One-hour Course: Teaching SDGs. A short online lesson developed with the UN introducing the SDGs via text and video, with ideas for teaching and learning.
- Resources for Teaching the SDGs. Links to a range of resources via the SDGTeach-in website.
- Sustainability Exchange: Website with a huge range of resources for sustainability learning, including those designed for use in Higher Education
- UN and the SDGs. Key site for accessing introductory materials, including the “SDGs in Action” app.
Materials for use in classes and events
- SDG Cards: DMU has three sets of cards (approx.. 30cm by 30cm) depicting the 17 SDGs. To borrow a set, contact the sustainability team on email@example.com.
- SDGs and DMU pull-up banner: The DMU events team in the Portland Building has several pull-up banners depicting the SDGs and DMU’s commitment. Contact the events team to borrow on: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enactus UK: SDG Issue Cards: Can be used to provoke engaging group discussion on how multiple SDGs link to societal challenges. If you use the resource, let DMU Enactus know: email@example.com
- Introduction to the Circular Economy: Interactive online resources for Higher Education from the Ellen McArthur Foundation for this key concept for sustainability in production and consumption of products and services.
- SDG Academy Library. A wide range of learning materials available free of charge addressing all of the SDGs.
- Sustainable Development Goals Online: Provided by Taylor & Francis, SDGO is an interdisciplinary collection of digital content developed to help lecturers teach sustainability including presentations, videos, case studies, teaching guides, and lesson plans. DMU students and staff will be asked to log in with their Single Sign On credentials for on and off campus access.
Slide decks for sessions
- SDGs and DMU Courses Slides used for a session introducing the SDGs and links to DMU courses. Contact Andrew Reeves (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.