The tools were piloted and developed in 2018/19 through the ESD Forum project to embed Education for the Sustainable Development Goals in six DMU programmes.
- Use these ten prompts to rate how sustainable development themes and competencies are currently linked to a course, and to identify areas of enhancement.
- Used for a student-led audit of programmes and modules at DMU in 2018/19, covering similar issues to the Ten Ingredients tool above but also addressing pedagogic approaches. Based upon an audit tool developed by the National Union of Students.
- Use this thinking tool to consider links between the SDGs and key aspects of a course (assessment; activities and resources; learning outcomes), considering sustainable development as a whole, the 17 SDG themes, and 169 SDG targets
- Use this tool to consider how a course embeds core competencies for acting on sustainability: Systems Thinking; Futures Thinking; Ethical Literacy; Strategic Thinking; Interpersonal Skills.
- Use this tool to consider how the ESD Project aims and outcomes are embedded in any co-curricular activity, such as volunteering, student societies, study trips or otherwise
- Use this tool to consider how to integrate teaching, research and real-world impacts to enhance activities linked to sustainable development
Contact us using the form below to schedule an appointment. We are here to help guide you through the process.
Tried them out?
Please share your experience with the project team using the form below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.