Volunteering Opportunity (Auditing for Sustainability)
- Want to find out more about sustainability and environmental issues?
- Want to gain the skills and knowledge associated with auditing?
- Want to find out how DMU is addressing sustainability in its teaching?
- Want to make a positive impact to DMU?
- Want to improve your CV and gain valuable employability skills?
- Want to do a course that is IEMA approved?
- Want to have a fun two days learning practical skills?
- Want to help to embed sustainability at DMU?
The De Montfort University Sustainability Team is running for an NUS Responsible Futures Accreditation. This will be assessed by a team of fully trained student auditors from De Montfort University, and you could be one of them.
Responsible Futures assesses how well an institution is including education for sustainable development in both its formal and informal curriculum across a number of factors and categories.
Education for Sustainable Development allows every human being to acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values necessary to shape a sustainable future. Education for Sustainable Development means including key sustainable development issues into teaching and learning; for example, climate change, disaster risk reduction, biodiversity, poverty reduction, and sustainable consumption.
The audit will take place over 2 days, from the 20th-21st March 2019, during this time you could be a part of a team of special auditors who assess our work and evidence, to decide if De Montfort University gains the Responsible Futures Accreditation.
You don’t need any technical knowledge, as full training will be provided! All you need is an interest in the environment, sustainability and the sustainable development goals!
If you are chosen as one of the auditors: you will be fully trained in auditing by the NUS, which is a valuable skill to have on your CV, you will be supported by the NUS throughout the 2 day audit, and you will get the hours you spend volunteering for us put into your HEAR report when you graduate!
If you have any questions email the Sustainability Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find out details about the Responsible Futures programme through our blog site https://sustainabledmu.wordpress.com/