The DMU Global team are offering a range of online courses for DMU students over the coming months that engage with sustainable development issues…
- Pagoda Projects: Cultural Mentor Programme – 16-20 hour activity over 8 weeks. Deadline to apply Monday 26 April 2021, 9am. Students can find more information and apply at https://www.dmuglobal.com/pagoda-projects-summer-cultural-mentor-programme/ . We are offering 20 bursaries of £200 towards programme costs.
- Virtual International Student Conference – Food Loss & Food Waste – Deadline to apply Monday 3 May 2021, 9am. Students can find more information and apply at https://www.dmuglobal.com/virtual-international-student-conference-food-loss-food-waste/
- Think Pacific Summer Virtual Internships – students have to be able to commit to a minimum of 8 flexible hours per week (over a 12 week period) or a maximum of 25 hours per week over a 4-week period. Fiji remote summer internship program will be taking place in summer 2021. Successful applicants will be able to choose from nine 9 career sectors such as Psychology, Health, Environment, Business, Marketing, Education, International Development, NGO Management and Sports Development. Deadline to apply Monday 10 May 2021, 9am. Students can find more information and apply at https://www.dmuglobal.com/thinkpacific-summer-virtual-internship/ . We are offering 20 bursaries of £200 towards programme costs and 5 fully funded places.
- Think Pacific ‘Tubu’ Challenge – FREE Sustainable Development short online course.(approximately 4 hours). Deadline to apply Monday 26 July 2021, 9am. Students can find more information and apply at https://www.dmuglobal.com/think-pacific-tubu-challenge/
In addition, we continuing to offer Cultural Fluency Course (FREE and unlimited places):
- This course is designed to provide an understanding of the importance of adaptability when dealing with intercultural communication in both the workplace and society. There will be a focus the foundations of intercultural understanding and developing your cultural fluency, as well as various case studies focusing on China, Mexico and Vietnam.
- The course will take approximately 8-10 hours and can be completed at a time that suits students. A certificate is provided following completion of the course.
- Students will be working towards teamwork & collaboration, intercultural fluency and communication competencies.
- More information at Cultural Fluency Course – #DMUglobal .