Hi! My names Hannah and I am the Sustainability Communications Frontrunner for the next 6 months. I’m super excited to be a part of the sustainability team and can’t wait to get involved in some of the amazing projects currently going on at DMU and to tell you guys all about them.

I’m currently studying interior design and so it is probably unsurprising that I have an avid interest in sustainable design. I’m particularly interested in consumerism and the ‘need’ of society to have so much stuff! I hope that in the future design will be focused on creating long-lasting products which are easier to repair and don’t need replacing quite so often.

Having become vegetarian in the last year my interest in the food industry and how it impacts the natural environment has also grown. I am a very fussy eater, but am planning to eat a wider range of vegan alternatives to keep cutting down my carbon footprint. 

Sustainability is something I believe everyone can get involved in as there are so many small changes we can make in our daily lives to live a little more sustainably, whether that’s by avoiding fast fashion or choosing to walk instead of getting an Uber.