DMU staff and students have another opportunity to learn about how to take collaborative action on the climate emergency at the next session of externally accredited one-day Carbon Literacy Training in late June. The training helps participants to understand:
- your own carbon footprint
- DMU’s impact on climate change and how the university is addressing the issue
- what you can do individually, collectively and through DMU to make a real difference.
The training is highly interactive and motivating, and helps participants to devise actions that they will take forward into the future. Participation and completion of an accreditation form enables participants to be accredited as ‘Carbon Literate’ by the Carbon Literacy Trust.
Dates: Tuesday 28th and Wednesday 29th June, 9.30am to 12.30, ONLINE (using MS Teams)
Register: Enter your details on this short form.
DMU staff can also sign up using DMU Hub’s My Development tile so that the session is logged as part of your development and training.
The live sessions are preceded by two self-study activities:
- watching the David Attenborough BBC documentary Climate Change: The Facts (available here) and considering five follow-up questions: Climate Change the Facts Questions.
- estimating your own Carbon Footprint using the WWF Footprint calculator
Please contact email@example.com