Hi Everyone,

I am Jinto Thomas, from India, currently studying Masters in Mechanical Engineering at De Montfort University. I am sincerely honored to be the recipient of the DMU sustainability scholarship and feel very happy to be part of sustainability team activities on the campus.

I believe sustainability means lack of selfishness, protecting our ecosystem and preserving natural resources for future generations. Sustainability improves the quality of our lives and encourages us to conserve and enhance our resource base by gradually changing the ways in which we develop and use technologies.

I had been involving some sustainable building projects MEP designing and assisting clients to get LEED certifications in Middle East countries. Apart from professional experience, I believe that anyone can contribute little sustainability actions in our daily life. For instance, since my school days I was very conscious about water usage, switching off lights, carrying fabric bags, and planting trees for more oxygen…etc.

Even though I did all these actions unintentionally, I never thought that one day I would be rewarded for these. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the DMU sustainability team for your consideration and support.

Thank you all