DMU Global is offering 30 students the opportunity to take part in a one-day social entrepreneurship workshop on campus in March 2022. The workshop is based on a real UNDP Partner social enterprise in India called Paryavaran Mitra (Friends of the Environment) who are positively disrupting the waste management and women’s empowerment sector and addressing 14/17 UN Sustainable Development Goals. DMU has a longstanding partnership with Paryavaran Mitra through the Square Mile India project, and over the years many student and staff have spent time and volunteered with them as part of DMU global trips.
Here is a link to a short promo video about the workshop which includes student testimonials from the workshop being held at Imperial College London, University of Southampton and DMU in 2019: https://youtu.be/BjOoXtQI3T0
By participating in this workshop, students will:
- Understand the UN SDGs in the context of real social enterprise
- Develop an understanding of Systems Thinking and how to tackle problems holistically by simulating a real system
- Become resourceful and improve decision making by responding to unforeseen issues that frequently occur on the ground
- Use tools such as Design Thinking, which will facilitate skill development in business model innovation, problem solving, teamwork and communication
- Form the foundation for you to engage further in solving complex social problems
- Receive a UNDP Certificate and open up internship and volunteer opportunities with social impact organisations in India
For more information and a link to apply: Social Entrepreneurship Experience – DMUglobal
The workshop has been fully funded by Public Engagement and Global Mobility, and so there is no cost to the students for taking part.