“Sustainability is Everywhere” – Tuesday 25th May 2021, 9.30am to 11am.
This event, hosted by DMU’s Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) project, highlighted innovative practices from across the institution on linking sustainable development issues to educational activities.
View the session recording HERE.
The event offered valuable examples that can inspire activities across any programme or activity. Speakers are listed below with links to online case studies (click on presenter name) and slides used for presentations:
- Sally Gaukrodger-Cowan and Carolyn Hardaker (Faculty: ADH): T-Extinction: A co-created fashion and textiles sustainability awareness project that takes a long time approach. DOWNLOAD SLIDES
- Leanne de Main (Faculty: BAL): Adoption of the PRME framework for responsible management DOWNLOAD SLIDES
- Ben Onyido (Faculty: CEM): Making sustainability part of student placement experiences DOWNLOAD SLIDES
- Abdul Miah (Faculty: HLS): Sustainable Development issues and teaching of policing. DOWNLOAD SLIDES
- Ian Coleman (Academic Development team): How Education for Sustainable Development is part of DMU’s PGCAP course DOWNLOAD SLIDES
- Owen Sheridan (DMU Global): Sustainability and DMU’s Global Learning activities DOWNLOAD SLIDES
Further DMU case studies of ESD Practice and recordings of previous events are available here.